1. Theological Education by Extension (TEE) is a local church leadership training using S.E.A.N’s Compendium of Pastoral Theology: THE LIFE OF CHRIST. The two-year program requires students to engage in the three-fold learning: active Bible study, in-class participation, and ministry practice. It is a weekly class meeting format. While the District provides the materials and the local church does the training.
2. Ministerial Study Program (MSP) is the advanced level of leadership training. The modular format is held in various centers throughout the U.S. and other countries. The study includes eight weeks online discussion and weekend meeting. The graduate is eligible to pursue official accreditation. The total of 60 credits is transferable to Crown College. (We have proposed to other Alliance colleges as well.)
3. Hmong Study Certificate (MSC) is a certificate program offered through Crown College. This five-course series will explore the four dimensions of Hmong life: history, culture, worldview, and religion. Crown College offers Master of Arts in Church Leadership with concentration in Hmong Study. Graduated students can earn a certificate for Hmong Study. Undergraduate student can choose Hmong Study as a minor. HBI provides the approved professors while Crown administers the process. The study format requires some online activities prior to attend meeting on campus. Interested individuals may register for the classes and pay full tuition directly to Crown College. There is a minimum of 7 registered students before class can start.
4. Oversea Training is an avenue to extend the leadership training to church leaders in other countries. HBI seeks to partner with local churches or institutes to train the current and future church leaders. We will offer contextualized materials and/or qualified trainer to fulfill the needs of each group or events.
5. Online Study is a digital library. It is a collection of various church leadership resources ranging from pastoral leadership to discipleship, conflict resolution to church administration, prayer ministry to praise & worship services, etc… The archives will include audio, video and script. Depending on the topic, some articles or documents may require the participant to take a self-test in order to complete the session. Others may simply serve informational purposes. (For example, the senior pastor of a local church may require the newly elected elders to read/listen to the “Biblical Role of the Elders” and take the self-test before he serves.)
6. Continuing Education is a consultant branch offering encouragement and prayer support for current pastors and lay pastors to motivate them to continue studying. This can be done simply by suggesting relevant books, classes, or seminars to pastors. In some case where a licensed pastor is required to fulfill a certain study before his license is renewed, HBI can provide further assistance.